Cutting your own hair is one of the best money saving hacks you can do! You are supposed to cut your hair ends every 6 weeks to have healthy hair, but who in the world can afford to run to a hair salon that often? Cutting your hair at a hair salon can become very costly and it is a huge asset, if you know how to do it on your own! It can potentially save thousands of dollars!
Here’s the easiest and fastest way to cut your own hair and the best tools to use for it! Note: this hair cutting technique is best for a layered hair style.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A wet brush to detangle and brush your hair: CLICK HERE TO BUY
- A water spray bottle to keep your hair wet during the process: CLICK HERE TO BUY
- A comb with fine teeth, if you have a lot of hair: CLICK HERE TO BUY
- Scissors: no need for expensive hair dresser scissors! Just get small and very sharp scissors! CLICK HERE TO BUY
- Elastic Hair band: you will definitely need an elastic hair band to tie your hair: CLICK HERE TO BUY
- A hair dryer and round brush to style your hair afterwards: CLICK HERE TO BUY and CLICK HERE TO BUY ROUND BRUSH
HOW TO CUT YOUR OWN HAIR
Wash your hair and towel dry it. Your hair needs to be damp. Do not hesitate to spray your hair with a water bottle, when your hair gets dry again in the process! Remember, it is so much easier to cut your hair when it’s damp than when it’s dry!
1. Detangle and brush your hair with a wet brush.
2. Then tip your head upside down and put it into a very tight ponytail at the very top of your head. The pony tail has to be really, really tight to get the best results!
3. Decide how much you want to cut off and make your first straight cut. TIP: Make small cuts, you can always cut more if you need. I usually stick to cutting off the tips of my hair. Remember, you’re supposed to cut every 6 weeks!
4. Once you cut your desired lengths, cut INTO the blunt ends, which will give your hair style a softer appearance. You can stop once you don’t see any more hard edges
5. Take off your hair band and dry your hair with a round brush!
6. You should be looking all gorgeous and glamorous with your new hairstyle! So yes, it’s that easy! Try it out and let me know how it worked out for you! And remember: Don’t go for any drastic changes for your first hair cut! You will get better and better with time! For now, stick to tiny cuts:-)
You might also like … My Secret Ingredients to Put into Your Smoothie Right Now! and The Hottest Organic Skincare Tips from LA !.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL!!